For the past several weeks I’ve been working with a few friends here in Our Town to plan a launch party for the summer collection from Gossamer Threads Shop. And now, it’s almost time for the launch! Tomorrow night we’ll be together for a fashion show at our local library where we will reveal our newest designs.
It’s been fun working on this project, getting ideas and suggestions from lots of ladies both locally as well as from some of my online friends. The challenge for me was that I’m not really a Fashion Diva so I typically am not well-versed in the latest fashion trends. But since I’ve got a pretty good artistic and design flair, I have been able to take their suggestions about what they were looking for, and we’ve come up with some fun designs for summer.
The Summer Collection from Gossamer Threads includes several pieces that are mix-‘n-match in fun summer colors: coral, turquoise, and navy with a bit of yellow accent and some light gray that combines nicely with all the other colors.
Our goal has been to create garments that can be customized to fit any size or shape . . . . to accommodate women who have had a hard time finding clothing that they like, that is comfortable, that is stylish, and that is easy to care for.
We are also focused on designing and creating garments that can be worn through three or more seasons, as well as garments that are constructed with attention to detail and quality, so that a garment can be worn for many years to come.
Here are the pieces in the Summer Collection from Gossamer Threads Shop:
* Lightweight below-the-hip knit jacket with a hood and double row of ruffles on the hem
* Lightweight below-the-hip knit jacket with single ruffle on the hem
* Lightweight below-the-hip knit jacket with flared hemline and shawl collar
* Lightweight below-the-hip knit jacket with high waist and hood
* Lightweight knit dress with ruching at waistline, square neckline and wide shoulder straps, with a coordinating ruffle at the hemline
* Lightweight knit dress with princess seams, elbow-length sleeves, available in hem length of choice
* Lightweight knit capris to match jackets / tops
* Lightweight knit petal capris to match jackets / tops
* Lightweight knit palazzo pants to match jackets / tops
* Lightweight knit slacks to match jackets / tops
* Lightweight knit tunic tops in coordinating colors to match capris, palazzo pants, slacks
* NEW “Jennifer” top in lightweight cotton print to coordinate with capris
* Embellished tank tops to coordinate with all other pieces
* Lightweight knit skirt, available in coordinating colors and hem length of choice
As soon as we have pictures from the launch party, I’ll get them posted here and on the Gossamer Threads Shop website. This has been great fun and I’m looking forward to sharing all of these beautiful designs with you soon. In the meantime, please join us for this week’s Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop – and have fun making new bloggy friends!
JOIN US THIS WEEK FOR THE
THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP
• PLEASE DO NOT link and run, please visit and comment on at least two of the links ahead of you. This simple act of kindness will result in a much more satisfying blog hop experience
• Please link to your post and not to your blog home page.Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing).
• Please remember to post no more than 3 links.
• No adult content blogs.
• No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
Black heart (cards) Optional- Link back on your post and/or Grab the hop button .
Please leave comments when you visit, let them know you are visiting from the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . I invite you to add your giveaways to Katherine’s Giveaways Page too!
Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherine and her hostesses permission to share your posts and pictures via social media, Pinterest and as a Make It Monday feature on Katherine’s Corner.
Please Follow Your hostesses