This recipe for these adorable “Turkey in the Straw” cupcakes was originally posted by Karen on her blog, Sugartown Sweets. She so generously allowed us to include this recipe in the holiday issue of the Ruby for Women magazine, and I thought it would be fun to post it here, too, for the Christmas Cookie Swap Linky Party at Katherine’s Corner.
I’ll be posting a few other holiday recipes in the coming weeks, but just had to share this one with you for the linky party! I hope you can join us for the Christmas Cookie Swap Linky Party ;o)
What you need:
• Shredded Wheat cereal
• Orange candy melts
• Pretzel sticks
Let’s make it!
• In a small sauce pan, heat the orange candy melts over low heat until they melt.
• Fill a small squeeze bottle with the melted candy and pipe the turkey feet onto a sheet of parchment paper.
• Place pretzel sticks into the turkey feet and hold until the candy cools and is set.
• Easy turkey feet piped onto parchment paper!
• When candy hardens, gently peel feet off paper.
• Cover frosted cupcake with broken up Shredded Wheat.
• Place turkey legs upside down into cupcake.
That’s it! Cute and sweet!
Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving from my family to yours!
THANK YOU to Karen at SUGARTOWN SWEETS for sharing this cute holiday recipe with us!
“Tracking a link back to my blog, I found some of my readers in Japan aren’t sure what the “straw” is made of. Here is a link to the Shredded Wheat.”